Bathing a bedridden person with soap, water, and a basin is no longer standard practice among carers and nurses. Bathing a bed-bound patient using the usual method has been discovered to increase the risk of bacteria exposure, cause severe skin dryness, and take a long time.
While the bathing schedule is determined by the doctor’s recommendation and patient preference, the practice’s many advantages are undeniable. Bathing daily not only makes the patient feel better, but it’s also the best way to check for pressure sores or bedsores.
When it comes to bathing a bed-bound patient, the hospital shower cart is now the recommended piece of equipment.
What makes a hospital shower useful?
The usage of a hospital shower cart makes transferring a patient to the bathing area straightforward. This durable piece of equipment has a hydraulic height adjustment range of 54-87 cm that can be modified using foot pedals. The hospital shower trolley is equipped with a heat-insulated pillow and padding. Both ends include rails that can be adjusted to fit your needs.
The structure of a hospital shower trolley is commonly made of epoxy-coated stainless steel. The locking direction wheel and the sturdy, water-tight, and high-quality castors with 150 mm wheels make maneuvering around hallways and the ward quick and easy.
After use, the gas spring and drainage hose cable for easy draining. In addition, the shower trolley’s tilt mechanism allows for rapid draining after each usage. The trolley is easily stored on a wall thanks to a storage hook.
The following are some of the benefits of using a hospital shower trolley:
The patient may be transferred from their bed to the trolley and finally to the bathing area with ease thanks to hydraulic height adjustment. Other features include drop sides which are very convenient because they can be elevated or lowered as needed.
- Safety catches have been installed on the drop sides.
- Patients weighing up to 420 lbs (190 kg) can be carried.
- The straight-line steering mechanism makes it simple to transport the patient down straight hallways or from one place to another.
- The locked-in casters provide an additional level of safety.
- The padded bathing tray liner and head support provide patient comfort.
- An exit hose is included for simple water drainage.
- With the help of the numerous features, heavy lifting to dry the patient is eliminated.
- The strong PVC material used in the framework and cover prevents corrosion.
- Can be folded neatly and kept against the wall.
- Available in a variety of sizes and styles, or custom-made to your specifications.
- To guarantee optimum transfer privacy, a concealed trolley is available.
- Available in a variety of colors to fit your taste.
- More than 50 features are available to meet the needs of a wide range of patients.
- Adults and children will like it.
- Height adjustments can be either electric or manual.
- The frame has been treated to prevent corrosion.
- Constructed to last
- Side rails that can be retracted
- Bumpers for protection are included.
- Features that allow for easy draining
- Showering is one of those daily routines that most people take for granted. When mobility limitations arise as a result of an accident or illness, however, it becomes a tedious and constrained task.
With the usage of hospital shower trolleys for patients, showering may be made more fun and easy even when mobility is not a concern. Modsel supply shower bathing trolleys. Check their product catalogue to determine what is best for your facility.